Tuesday, July 24, 2012

  Don't have anything profound to write today.  I had something Friday, but it has since left my brain.  This weekend was a busy weekend.  Between Friday and Saturday, Mark and I rode 90 miles.  Most of the time we avoided the heat, although Saturday around noon I thought I was riding in a sauna.  It was just plain hot!
    Saturday and Sunday I did a fundraiser at Walmart, which required me to stand in the heat for about 5 hours each day.  It was successful, and I'm excited to say that I have reached the 50% mark on my fundraising goal.  On Monday, I signed the recommitment papers and I will be riding in Vegas in September.  AMAZING!
    We were surprised Sunday afternoon with surprise guests from out of town.  Our wonderful neighbors from Southern California were traveling through the U.S. with their R.V., and dropped by for a quick visit. It was wonderful to catch up what's new in San Berdo, but also to watch them interact with our daughters as all four enjoy singing and choir.
     I also learned of their loss because of cancer.  There son, and wonderful man and father, passed away from colon cancer last year.  He was such a helpful, cheerful man.  I can remember sharing a margarita or two, and much laughter with Steve, either at their kitchen table or out back on their porch.  He will be missed!
     As I ride each week, I strive to remember: those who have lost loved ones, those who are fighting cancer, and those who have passed away.  Their struggle is much more difficult than my temporary pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment