Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Training Hill


This is training hill.  From this hill top the only way is down.  Riding 30 miles is easy on paths, but our coach takes us on these hills after about 15 miles.  The final 15-20 miles are a little tougher that I'm used to. :)
Have you heard the quiet whisper, “I can’t?” Early one morning this week, I woke up early and couldn’t get back to sleep.  I guess I was worried about not riding with the team on Saturday because of an injury and I also began to doubt that I could raise $2,900.  I heard that whisper, “You aren't going to succeed.  You will look silly.  Give up!”  At one point in the morning I thought about some of my prior 4th graders. I pondered about how they might think, "I can't" when attempting multiplication, division, or reading.  I decided after another cup of coffee that I would say, “I can!”  Hopefully in the fall my ride might encourage my future students to say and believe, “I can.” A shout out to all those who have encouraged me to keep on riding by your example of refusing to accept “I can’t,” and believing “I can!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment